CPL Group is inviting applications from self-motivated, energetic, customer focused and passionate individuals to apply for the following position.
Training & Development Officer
Reporting to the Manager – Learning & Development (L&D), The Training & Development Officer’s role is to equip staff with the knowledge, practical skills and motivation to carry out their work activities effectively.
The incumbent will take a strategic approach to training – assessing the skills and knowledge within the organisation and determining what training is needed to grow and retain these skills and plan and deliver the implementation of a sound training plan across the organization.
- Identify training and development needs within the Group through job analysis, appraisal schemes and regular consultation with division managers
- Design, expand and implement training and development programmes based on the needs of the organisation
- Assist the Training Manager in planning yearly and quarterly development plans for each division
- Identify critical skills gap within divisions and plan appropriate trainings
- Assess and implement new orientation programs for new employees
- Conduct training sessions with new employees, using various training methods to engage employees, including hands-on and interactive activities
- Conduct Group trainings to all staff including regional teams.
- Learn store operations in order to design relevant, effective training for employees
- Monitor and review the progress of trainees through discussions with managers and individual assessments
- Recommend and assist HR in succession plan for the individuals
- Ensure that statutory training requirements are met for WP renewals for non-nationals
- Document training activities and progress in monthly reports for senior management
- Research and implement new training techniques for our organization
- Excellent oral and written communications skills with customers and peers; tactful and effective stakeholder communication at all levels
- Ability to effectively motivate others and change people’s attitudes when necessary
- Excellent organisational skills and project management and ability to manage varied and conflicting demands to agreed standards and timelines
- Expertise with implementing and tracking progress of training
- Strong customer focus background
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision.
- “Can do” attitude when handling compex situations
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management, Human Resource Management or Psychology or any other relevant discipline.
- 3 years of experience training multiple teams in various areas inclusive of Customer Service
- In-depth knowledge of various methods of training
- Proficiency in documenting processes and monitoring performance metrics.
- Ability to keep up with current trends in the training.
If you have the experience and key requirements as listed, please send a brief cover letter addressing your relevant experience with your updated CV. Only short listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
All applicants should apply by email only with Position Vacant – Training & Development Officer in the subject line to:
The Coordinator – People and Culture
CPL Group, PO Box 1663, Port Moresby, National Capital District, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications close 05.00pm on Friday 15th Of May 2021.